Savage 220 slug gun?

Aquaholic

Was shooting next to guy in Clarksville a few weeks ago with one in 20 ga, he was drilling it at 100 yards ... 4 shots touching each other... He was shooting Hornady SST Shotgun Slugs

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

KJK

Impressive grouping and performance.... I find them a bit rough cycling which I guess is expected, but actual shooting performance is strong. I also shoot the AccuTips in 3".

deerfever

Absolutely love mine! I have had great success shooting the Federal trophy copper out mine. I carried it opening day of rifle! Great guns

medwc

IMO... They are not expensive, they come predrilled for scope mounts, they have an adjustable Accu trigger(killer trigger for me), quality for the price seems great, and the plastic stock that comes with it is a POS. You can get a Boyds Savage 220 stock(thumbhole) for a reasonable price. I glassed and pillared my Boyds for about 10$(search youtube, it's easy to do). The Remington Premier Barnes Expanders 3" 20s are deadly accurate out to 125 yards(only because that is the farthest I have shot them). The bottom target was zero. The top target, in the yellow circle, was my 3 shot group at 100 yards. That is a three-inch orange circle with a 1-inch black square/diamond. The Remington Premier Barnes Expanders worked great for me this year. I took 6 deer with them and had no performance problems. If you shoot it a lot the ammo can be pricey is another negative. JMO

Stalkhunter

If shoots anything like my 20 gauge encore slug barrel you will be happy. Taking mine to the woods Thursday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TnBob

Stalkhunter":2xovw8vk said:
If shoots anything like my 20 gauge encore slug barrel you will be happy. Taking mine to the woods Thursday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking about getting a stainless 20 barrel for my pro hunter when I found the Savage for sale.

swd

Out of curiosity, why would you get a slug gun when we are not required to in Tennessee?

BULL MOOSE

I'm looking to get a second one with the thumb hole stock.

I hunted a place yesterday that I have hunted for 40 years in Lawrence County. The 20 acres of woods is almost surrounded by homes now. Hwy 43 sounded like an interstate and some houses were within 200 yards of me. MOST shots are safe for the 30.06, but I was carrying a 30.30 and would have preferred the shotgun for piece of mind. It is not the rural farmland that it once was. Huntstand ap measured that there were some 150 yard shots available from where I sat.

I predict that you will see calibers controlled in certain areas soon. Short range and heavy bullets.

JeepKuntry

I have a stainless 220 and shoot 3" Accutips. I have shot it to 120 yards and have great results. I bought this to hunt on certain WMA's and if/when I hunt out of state where rifles are not legal.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I echo everything said about the 220. I've hunted with slug guns for over 40 years and tried many different ones. The 220 is the best so far. It is accurate and won't hurt you when you shoot it.