Santa Runnin Late.........

TiminTN

But he made a grand entrance..........

This must prove life does run in circles. I started out my handloading way back in the mid 1980`s, some of you were not born yet, and the first bolt action rifle I had was a Remington 700 30/06 Classic. Well, I stumbled across this for sale, and it was all over.
"A" prefix action, Krieger barrel, McMillan stock, with many other goodies in 1 package.
I will have to sell off some stuff to pay ole Santa, but it is very well worth it to me.
The throating is perfect for 150/165 bullets. Looks like I`m gonna keep Nosler in business for a while. :cool:
DSCN2131.jpg
DSCN2130.jpg

Thats one nice looking gun!

I have never been a 30-06 fan, I guess it's because the first three or four 30-06's I had experience with were Remington 742's, they were very inaccurate compared to bolt guns. I realize most modern 30-06's shoot good, it's just a mental thing. My first bolt action was a Sigarms SHR970 in 308 and I fell in love with that caliber. Go figure, I guess thats the reason some people like Ford or Chevy based on experience. If that first 30-06 would been a tack driver I would probably be a 30-06 disciple.

TiminTN

Thanks.......

I`d call the 30/06 kind of boring with all the new cases out there to try, and there are some real dandys now a days.

All the 06`s I ever fooled with by Remington were extremely long throated.
I asked the owner to send me specs of his ammo with a bullet seated to the lands and I assembled a dummy case at home to duplicate that.
This rifles throat is perfect.
Don`t sell the 06 short on accuracy. It is a good one.

statelineRUT

You seem to just be able to stumble up on them Classics huh Tim :grin:

Congrats man.

P.S.

I should be making another trip over again in the next few days. Need to pick up a few reloading items and fill your ear some more :grin:

TiminTN

I`ll be there Tuesday thru Saturday, comon by, and help me pick out a good coydog DVD.

Were gettin out some of the turkey hunting stuff.

I wonder who suggested that???? :)

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
Nice rig. I really like the stock especially. I've only owned a couple of 30-06s in my lifetime and I still have both of them. One's a sporterized 1917 Enfield in Walnut and the other's a 1903 Springfield in Walnut. The old Springfield still has the factory barrel with 2 line rifling in it but it still shoots to 1 moa so I haven't touched it. It's an old well made rifle with a good walnut classic stock with ebony cheekpiece and front ramp sight with nice checkering but lots of wear. I kinda hate to change it. I'd love to know it's history.

Tell Santa to stop by my house if you see him again.

Tiny

A late Congrats on the late present from santa.
BTW Looks like you got a late White Christmas as well.

TiminTN

Thanks Tiny,

The picture is from ones the owner sent me via e-mail, so the snow is from land far away. I haven`t sent off funds yet, and am chomping at the bit. I hope to have it by this time next week, or very shortly thereafter.

Latest posts