RV rentals

DEER DAVID

Been checking out RV rentals...not as expensive as I thought.
Just another home on wheels....
Anyone ever rented one?
Any pros or cons?

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
I would like to know the pros and cons on this issue as well. Hopefully someone on here has done this. Since I have changed jobs and no longer will have a lot of vacation time.

My wife and I had planned to take our trailer out west next year to visit some of the national parks. We are now thinging of flying out and renting an RV. This would save us a lot of driving time just getting out there and back.

mike243

you will only get a set amount of mileage with a rental,overage use to be .25 per mile,it adds up quick,also ask about damage insurance,1 backing boo boo may set you back a bunch,also ask about add on days as things happen & you stayed to long somewhere ect whats the charge,most of the time in high demand season they have a 1/2 day turn around on the rental,service & cleaned & back out ,its not for everyone but it does have its place & use when your constrained by time/money,mike243

DEER DAVID

I'm still digging for information but so far...........it's about $133.00 a day for one that sleeps five....the unit has everything but a TV.....has a gas stove, microwave and convection oven, bathroom with a shower, large refrigerator, heat and air and other items........mileage was something about .35 per mile, need to investigate that further plus a $500.00 deposit.

Voldeerfan

2-Step Enabled
Depends on where you are. We rented a 31' RV in Alaska, for about 1500.00 for 9 days. Unlimited mileage with a brand new RV. We have thought about doing this again to go out west. We have a 30 foot travel trailer now, so we are up in the air about it. Good luck.

DEER DAVID

Voldeerfan said:
Depends on where you are. We rented a 31' RV in Alaska, for about 1500.00 for 9 days. Unlimited mileage with a brand new RV. We have thought about doing this again to go out west. We have a 30 foot travel trailer now, so we are up in the air about it. Good luck.

That's sounds along the lines of information I'm getting.
Will call again tomorrow and clarify information.
I did visit the rental center and looked at two of the models they had available........nice, very nice.
Anyone ever used 1-800-RV-4-Rent before?

Latest posts