Rut Sounds

rifle02

Great videos! The audio is also amazing. I agree that eight point is a tank for the rack he is carrying. I have a question, what is the chiming sound in the second video and was the buck who did the snort wheeze responding to that sound?

Ski

Great videos! The audio is also amazing. I agree that eight point is a tank for the rack he is carrying. I have a question, what is the chiming sound in the second video and was the buck who did the snort wheeze responding to that sound?

Hmm not sure. I'll have to listen again. I assumed he was snort wheezing at the big one because pretty immediately in the next frame the big one steps out of the thick to answer the call. I didn't hear the chiming. Will turn up my audio and listen again.

DoubleRidge

Hmm not sure. I'll have to listen again. I assumed he was snort wheezing at the big one because pretty immediately in the next frame the big one steps out of the thick to answer the call. I didn't hear the chiming. Will turn up my audio and listen again.
Sounds like way off in the distance a horn blowing from a car alarm? But agree it looks like he snort wheezed at the other buck....cool videos.

Ski

Sounds like way off in the distance a horn blowing from a car alarm? But agree it looks like he snort wheezed at the other buck....cool videos.

There's a trailer park quarter mile away so that's probably it. Got a buck rubbing that tree while sirens are going by. Sounds like a seek one video but it's actually a farm well outside of town lol

Ski

Great video and audio, thanks for sharing. Were these pulled from SD card or over the cellular network?

Cards, not cell. It's a camera LBLMan suggested so I tried it and am quite happy with it. Trail cam pro has them for about $90. Heck of a cam for the money. True black flash too. Even the old nanny does don't see it.

BSK

No idea how old the 8pt is but his body is way too big for his rack.

I've got one like that on my place Ski. Tank of a body, but a rack way below what it should be. Just goes to show how the "bell curve distribution" works. Some are at the top end, some at the bottom. This guy is at the bottom for his age.

Attachments

• Buck2309d.jpg
    Buck2309d.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Buck2309f.jpg
    Buck2309f.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Buck2309l.jpg
    Buck2309l.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 14

BSK

Crazy how it works. Then you see a 2yr old sporting 120".
I try to explain to hunters/landowners/clubs why they can't use antler size to set harvest goals or judge age, but I honestly think they don't believe me. Given enough acreage (generally over 1,000 acres) I will find a yearling buck that outscores the lowest scoring mature buck on the property.

The point being, the bell curve for each age-class is so wide, that every age's curve overlaps every other age's curve.

Latest posts