Rut report

bwgarrett3

I know it's a bit early but thought I'd go ahead and start one. Post any chasing/rutting activity here. Location and experience please.

I'll start with this...had four does in my front yard yesterday morning. They moved one and 15 minutes later came running back thru with a nice 8pt chasing and grunting the whole time. I'm in Roane County.

DeerCamp

Scraping activity still pretty low here.

In fact, we are seeing far fewer bucks on camera up to this point as normal years.

However, I did just spend 2 weeks constructing the Taj-maDeer, so it may take some times for things to settle down.

BSK

In the last week, went from no bucks in food plots, to the food plots constantly being cruised by yearling bucks. Those yearling bucks are pestering the heck out of any doe they see.

Scrapes just coming on strong.

Does are still just interested in the overhanging limb at scrapes. They haven't become focused on the scrape itself yet (from last year's experience, does didn't start focusing on scrapes until about 5 days before breeding kicked off in earnest).

Western Humphreys County.

JCDEERMAN

SW Hickman: Very few scrapes and very few rubs. Yearling bucks pestering does a little in food plots. Older bucks staying back in the cover, however two of the best ones we have on camera have been moving during daylight. Taking their sweet time though. That tells me they just aren't moving much. They stay bedded and just nibble on browse and acorns throughout the day. I don't blame them - it's been really warm. When looking at the timing and the weather, I think things will really incline rapidly about a week from now.

Kyboy

Central Ky here, have had multiple reports and saw for myself a few mature bucks tending does hard. Had a solid 4/5 year old with a doe this weekend, had 4 other bucks try to get in the action and he ran them all off and never left the does side. Few first does are in I'd say.

deerhunter10

I'm truly shocked at the lack of rubs. I think I've found 3 on 500 acres! Usually, rubbing peaks in a good acorn year. Well, not this year. At least not yet.
Not many rubs below average for sure. But way above average on scrapes. Started seeing a lot of scrapes real early this year and still seeing them. Maury county.

Urban_Hunter

Way below average runs here, almost nonexistent. 3 months of running cameras and I have 10x the number of bucks and amount of movement in the last 10 days. Last night, field full of does with a great buck in it. Bucks never took his eyes off the does, completely ignored me. Middle sumner county

dogtown

Roane County - scrapes came alive last week to include visits from some mature bucks.

Attachments

• I__00052.JPG
    I__00052.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 159

tellico4x4

Wayne/Hardin Line - Below average rubs & lots of scrapes. First scrapes found was 8/29. Small bucks pestering does on plots & a definite increase of better bucks around on Sundays camera check. Got several videos of 2- 3 year olds doing some heavy duty sparring.
As a side note, I'd say 50% of white oaks have acorns & haven't seen a red oak bearing yet.

TNlandowner

I've got three bachelor groups still feeding in plots together here in eastern Carroll County. I have several photos of them sparing underneath a persimmon tree. The photos look like the bucks were arguing over the persimmons more than trying to gain dominance. As others mentioned, fewer rubs than normal. Although a two-year old eight point buck nearly broke a 3" diameter plum tree in half.

catman529

Scrapes opening up all over middle TN. Moved one camera yesterday from a salt lick to a scrape and had 2 different yearling bucks on it before the night was over. About to move another camera today in the backyard from acorns to a scrape.

timberghost35

Not far from Andy S.

Hardly no rubs and very few scrapes. What scrapes I have found just popped in the last couple days. Was catching a couple good bucks but now it has went to nothing… Beans still standing on both sides of crp. Huge acorn and persimmon crap on me this year.

Not seeing many does, but what I am is sticking to the beans and persimmons.

Chasing or checking has been non existent.

Seems my place is way behind this year. Last year we had corn that was cut early Oct and rubs and scrapes were everywhere on Juvi hunt.

Latest posts