rut report

cecil30-30

Went hunting this morning and shot a lone doe at 7:15 am. 5 mins after shooting her had a buck come from the opposite direction, he stopped where the doe was standing when i shot her. he stuck his head down and started trailing her. he went out of site and i heard some thrashing. wasnt sure how big he was as it was thick amd i didnt get a good look at him. when i got to my doe he made a scrape right in front of where she was laying.

then in another 10 mins had another doe come out and she had a spike or 4 pt dogging her.

Then about 15 mins later i climb down to go find my doe and heard some deer run off. i seen 2 more does and a small narrow racked 8 pt hot on their heels. in all i seen 3 buckd in 30 mins this morning all chaseing does.

Its here i do believe.

megalomaniac

the little bucks are always ready to go a few weeks before the actual rut starts.

In fact, on juvie weekend, my little girl shot a doe, and the little 4 ptr that had been running does all morning in front of us spent the next hour pawing the dead doe, rolling her over on the ground, and trying to lift her off the ground with his horns. We finally got out of the stand at 10 am and had to chase the little buck off the doe.

You'll know the real rut is in when the older bucks start participating.

Hollar Hunter

Saw 2 bucks yesterday and watched one make 2 scrapes and than a 3 year old came in at dark and checked the scrapes the 2 year old made
cecil30-30 said:
I belive they was but cant say for certain on the one because i didnt get a good look at him.

hitek7

Called a nice 2.5 year old 9pt in with the can friday afternoon. Also had a 4.5-5.5 year old following a doe. Not really pushing that much put he was hanging with her. A litte 6pt came in a pushed her away before the big one got close enough to shoot...

RiverBuck10

I think it's almost time! Haven't seen a buck all year! I saw 3 in one hunt Saturday morning! They all had their head down and were cruising! They are getting ready!!

jbow

Two deer dead on the highway to work this morning. I haven't seen a dead deer on that strech of road for a while. Must be getting right.

xatxay

Saw two racked bucks in a field with 6-7 does in Williamson County at dusk last night. The bucks were grazing. They paid no attention to the ladies.

BHC

I Wayne Co. It appears scrapes are popping up, mostly young buck activity. My guess is scraping activity will bust wide open in the next 5-10 days... Chasing activity usually runs from gun opener- about Dec 15...

rolltide258

I saw a 6 and a nice eight chasing 3 does today in spring hill around 100 pm all you hunters should have avoid weekend I go back out on the road tomorrow morning I'm gonna miss the rut but I'll be back to catch the post rut good luck to you all

double browtine

A friend of mine shot a nice buck Sunday morning . He said it was his best deer ever. He said a 130 class 8 pointer. He trailed him for 200 yards and lost blood. They looked for him allto afternoon. He called a guy with a bloodhound who tracks deer in situations like this. The guy had 5 calls on sunday. All where good bucks. Sounds like the big boys are on their feet crusin'. Cant wait till Saturday. Muzz opener and I'm off for 10 days. Montgomery County

Latest posts