Ruger .44 carbine

dogmatik

I know these are harder to find than hen's teeth. but my buddy's wife is trying to find one for him as a gift. Not a chance of me selling mine lol. Anyways, I told her it will be $1000-$1200 if we can find one. I am not a fan of GB, but it may be my only hope.
Thanks

gear192

I bought mine in the late 70's for $245.00 at ACE Hardware Nolenville Rd. Nashville. Kill a many a deer over the decades. Would never let go of it. Still a great shooter in the brush....

Last edited:

FTG-05

I bought mine in the late 70's for $245.00 at ACE Hardware Nolenville Rd. Nashville. Kill a many a deer over the decades. Would never let go of it. Still a great shooter in the brush....
I bought mine in the early 70's; it got stolen the Sat. before Christmas 1986. Still mourn the loss of that rifle.

:(

punkcat

Bought mine in 1977 in Jackson Tn for $175. Still got the Weaver 4x scope on it. It's going to my grandson. Hope you find one. Great gun.

FTG-05

I'm not going to bid on it anymore. You need to register (pretty simple) to bid, then it's easy to pick up (less the NICS check). You also have about 6 hours, so don't tarry - you snooze, you lose!

RackMultipart20211108-15874-130m2ka.jpg

FTG-05

Well, it went for $1200.

I'm pretty sure someone had a couple beers, then was sweet talked by his wife and then just "accidentally" hit the "Bid" button right at the 1:23 mark.

I might, could, maybe, probably be wrong!

dmonty

Those are nice but I prefer a bolt gun and have a Ruger 77/44 and wouldn't trade it for anything and can get them for a little less. I do understand if its something you have your heart set on . Good luck in the search.

FTG-05

Last time I'm gonna hijack the OP's thread.

Got to shoot the .44 carbine yesterday. The good news: It hasn't been shot much, if at all. The bore was pristine; the paint on the AL lifter was still there, usually the first to go as you load ammo.

The bad: Trigger is 6-7 lbs and gritty - yuck! Clark is going to take care of that for me. Sights were waaaay high and way left. Finally got it sighted in-ish at 75 yards. I had to lower the rear sight to it's lowist point and had to move the rear sight to the right and the front sight to the left. It also had a few FT-feed.

338lapuaman

I have no affiliations with this but it seems like a decent deal without having to go through GB

FTG-05

I have no affiliations with this but it seems like a decent deal without having to go through GB
If I didn't already have one, I'd buy that one in a second!!!

Latest posts