Rubs

93civEJ1

I just finished scouting a spot close to home. I saw a nice buck in the area while driving by it last week so went to check it out. It's not a huge area. I didn't find any pellets but found what I thought was a bedding area. Not too far from there I found a fresh looking rub. I couldn't really tell where trails were going due to leaves. It looked like someone had hunted a few hundred yards from there recently because I found empty can of scent wafers. With my findings what would or wouldn't make you hunt this area?

93civEJ1

Here is a little info on my finding:

2mql06c.jpg

93civEJ1

thats the downside...with all of the leaves around, I couldnt really tell what was a trail and what was not. The only thing I could tell was seeing kicked up leaves in a path for a small stretch, but even then it wasnt for certain I was seeing trails. The only one for sure Is close to where the buck was standing (which is so thick in the woods right there that you cant hunt very close to it)...it was a crossing point through a barbed fence with hair all over it and leading into a neighboring private property.

Bottom Hunter

ClubHead said:
This time of year,I would hunt where you always see the does at and hunt it.Delete the buck sign from your memory.

exactly....like hunting nightclubs or sports bars.....sports bars early on, nightclubs later...

93civEJ1

I decides to come and throw a stand up at this spot blindly. A few hundred yards down from what looke like bedding and the rub. About 100 yards or so from the field in the pic where trails go out and closer to the area where I saw the buck standing next to the thin strip. Just figure ill wait and see if I see or hear anything for a few hours.

Latest posts