rrfall hunts

PO Cedar

I got my mule deer tag in the mail yesterday so elk/deer in Colorado-
Whitetail deer/turkey in Humphreys County-Archery season
LBL deer/turkey archery hunt while statewide gun/muzzie hunts are going on
I promised my mailman I would take him up to Indiana on my cousin's property to hunt those "cornfed"bucks(He's a youngster with several kids so we'll see if family obligations overrides the trip)
AEDC 3 day December archery deer hunt-hope a group of TTAS hunters makes it
Big South Fork Nat'l Rec Area-archery hog hunt after all big game seasons are closed in the state-(mid-Jan thru Feb-)
Throw in some organized small game hunts with TTAS and it will be a full calendar year for me!!!

Tom-TN

After 7 years of getting points, I have finally drawn a bear tag for Michigan. I will be hunting with a very good friend and resident of Michigan. We will be hunting the Gwinn area in the Upper Peninsula. I hate wishing time away, but I can't wait. We will be hunting the first 5 days of the season starting September 10th. I will be hunting with my 61# Habu recurve, a Easton 2413 X7 arrow, tipped with an 180 grain Thunderhead. Take care all and good luck this season.........Tom

eddie c

Tom, where did you find the 180 gr Thunderheads? I got 2 new boxes of 150gr 2-blade thunderheads I came across a few years back. I put them up since they dont make them anymore.

Tom-TN

I have a friend in Mississippi that bought out a small archery shop several years back. He sold me 8 boxes of these heads and 5 boxes of the 160's. I called the Thunderhead people and they stated that the 180 hadn't been manufactured since 1979. These are the best bh's I have ever shot, and they make a nasty hole. I also have a couple extra packs of replacement blades and probably 50 used blades that I practise with. Take care............Tom

camocowboy

Tom, I heard a guy do a seminar at Comton a couple of years ago on the UP. He said it is the most under-rated hunting in the
US. I know you will have a great time up there.

Tom-TN

Hello Jim,

It is a beautiful place. They have a wonderful cabin on the Ford River outside a very small community named Ralph. I hunted there several years ago, and had a great time. I took a small buck with my Jeffreys recurve. My friends wife and father-in-law hunted bear last year at the same place. I will be hunting the same bait area that his wife did, and she saw 21 bear in 5 days. Her dad saw 14 during the same period, but a couple miles away. My stand is set up in a heavily occupied area on the edge of a swamp. She missed a 400+ bruin last year too. This is killing me, lol. Take care...........Tom

Latest posts