Roan Mt State Park and Warriors Path State Park...

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
I have camped at both. Not impressed with Warriors Path, but really like Roan Mountain.Roan Mountian is very hard to get into as it stays full during the summer. I usually go there in the fall and early winter. The tent section is very private as there are woods and bushes between the tent sites.

If you go there, drive up to the top of the mountain and walk up onto the top of Round Bald.

moondawg

My wife and I liked Roan Mountain. We had a campsite next to Doe River. We saw several deer in the park. We'd go back if we lived closer. :)

I've never been to Warrior's Path, that's next on my list when I get up there.

easy45

Roan Mountain is a gorgeous place, if you go there look for Ranger Howard, really good guy, if Warriors Path then look for Ranger Weatherly, can't miss him, scary looking bald guy

SpursNFeathers

I was thinking about going up to Roan Mountain State Park to camp over Labor Day weekend. Anyone know what kind of crowd to expect? I will be tent camping, if that makes a difference.

SpursNFeathers

That figures. I also considered going to Indian Boundary and fishing Citico Creek, but every campsite they have was reserved as of last week. I guess I should have planned a couple of months in advance.

Latest posts