Right, wrong, or indifferent

Ladys man

My family and I were on our way home from the store tonight and my wife says she's seen a fawn laying there off the road in an abounded driveway. I turn around and finally pull in to to see it's a maybe 2 week old fawn that had either been hit by car or attacked by predators. I walked up slowly, noticed mom wasn't around, and flys all around, I noticed it was hurt. I slowly looked at it and moved the rear leg and seen either rear ham or guts, with maggots already developed. So I grabbed it and put it in the truck and tried to get with TWRA , they are closed for the weekend, so took it less than a mile to my place and called KPD, officer was awesome and stayed there trying to contact everyone he could to help. But he ended dying less than an hour after he got there.

I may be a deer Hunter but I do my best to preserve this great animal.

Attachments

• 5F8788E7-262F-4472-93CC-40B7785981AA.jpeg
    5F8788E7-262F-4472-93CC-40B7785981AA.jpeg
    500.7 KB · Views: 106

Tweeter

My family and I were on our way home from the store tonight and my wife says she's seen a fawn laying there off the road in an abounded driveway. I turn around and finally pull in to to see it's a maybe 2 week old fawn that had either been hit by car or attacked by predators. I walked up slowly, noticed mom wasn't around, and flys all around, I noticed it was hurt. I slowly looked at it and moved the rear leg and seen either rear ham or guts, with maggots already developed. So I grabbed it and put it in the truck and tried to get with TWRA , they are closed for the weekend, so took it less than a mile to my place and called KPD, officer was awesome and stayed there trying to contact everyone he could to help. But he ended dying less than an hour after he got there.

You done what I think most of us would have. It sucks to try and still loose them but at least you tried. Like an old horse trainer told me long ago "you can't be a hard ass everyday!"

Speedwell-Hunter

Beautiful animal. Necropsy results?

JeepKuntry

TWRA would have said to let mother nature run it's course. I do know someone here that called Little Ponderosa and they wouldn't take a fawn that had been abandoned. Her vet ended up euthanizing it. That being said, I hate seeing anything suffer.

MickThompson

TWRA would have said to let mother nature run it's course. I do know someone here that called Little Ponderosa and they wouldn't take a fawn that had been abandoned. Her vet ended up euthanizing it. That being said, I hate seeing anything suffer.
If TWRA didn't take that stand, well-meaning suburbanites would steal thousands of fawns every June and try to turn them over to rehabbers. Kind of danged if you do.

JeepKuntry

If TWRA didn't take that stand, well-meaning suburbanites would steal thousands of fawns every June and try to turn them over to rehabbers. Kind of danged if you do.
I understand. I was merely stating that would be their stance. When they are injured like that, with maggots, it would be tough to treat anyway. Far easier to put em down.

Latest posts