Remington R1 1911

Methane

.45. Does anyone have one? Having some issues and would like to see if you've had any issues with bullets feeding. The gun jambs every couple shots. It's brand new, and new Winchester ammo. The bullets are getting stuck and will not enter the chamber. We tried magazines from another 1911 and had the same issue.

Tiny

Try a different ammo brand or bullet style.
Although if 230gr RNs should have went aok.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TNReb

How many rounds have you out through it?

If it's only a box or so, it probably just needs to be broken in more.

Clean it up well and put about 500 rounds through it with good ammo. If you're still having problems, you may need to look at polishing the feed ramp.

peytoncreekhunter

I have the 5 inch enhanced model and the commander size enhanced model. So far no failure to feed problems with any brand of ammo I've shot through it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

infoman jr.

Mine runs like a top with all Remington ammo I've tried - FMJ and HP. If you can't get it to work, I'd lean on their lifetime warranty. 800-243-9700

Does your breech face seem smooth?

Methane

infoman jr.":1gg7r1zp said:
Mine runs like a top with all Remington ammo I've tried - FMJ and HP. If you can't get it to work, I'd lean on their lifetime warranty. 800-243-9700

Does your breech face seem smooth?

No it feels like there is a lip. Very small lip, but there is an edge to it.

There's only about 50 rounds thru so far, as of the original post, so I will report back when I have more info/range time.

Hunter 257W

Do these have "Made in Huntsville, AL" stamped on them? If I'm not mistaken they are one of the guns made in the Remington plant here. If that's correct I'd like to have one for that reason alone. Plus I've always had good luck with all my Remington guns and would love to have one of their 1911's.

Methane

Hunter 257W":2psmklwh said:
Do these have "Made in Huntsville, AL" stamped on them? If I'm not mistaken they are one of the guns made in the Remington plant here. If that's correct I'd like to have one for that reason alone. Plus I've always had good luck with all my Remington guns and would love to have one of their 1911's.

I will look and let you know.

infoman jr.

Hunter 257W":df2cjk1v said:
All Remington handguns are made in Huntsville.

Methane

After about another 100 rounds there were only three jams. Recap, when fired the first three or four magazines, it was jamming after every couple shots. This past weekend we noticed that a total of twelve magazines-full only regulated in three jams. That was with with Winchester ammo. Gonna also try a box of Remington ammo this coming weekend. All rounds are 230 gr.

Bad habit

I would do 2 things before sending it back
1. Try a new magazine
2. Let someone else shoot it to see if they can replicate the problem.

nock

I have the Remington R1 Stainless and love it. The only jam I have ever had I did not push the clip all the way in, after that no more problems I have shot remington ammo and hornady with no problems