Sold/Expired Remington 30-06 Woodsmaster 742

agelessssone

I had a 742 in 30.06 many years ago.
It just seemed like too much gun for Tennessee sized deer so I gave it to my son up in Wisconsin.
I've got about 11 boxes of .270 ammo and I'd like to have another 742 but in .270.
I'll probably never even use one box of that ammo cause I usually kill my freezer limit with my muzzleloader.
I hunt urban deer and usually only hunt 3 days a year.
I look for good sized bucks (bodies, not horns) and then kill two does to keep the herd in check.
I've killed two Pope and Young deer years ago. Lost my itch for big horns. Not that I would pass one by but not actively seeking one.
Shot this guy last year just because he ran a doe and stopped 40 yds broadside.
He met my criteria...big body...lots of meat.
Driving up the hill to my house last night, I counted 15 deer, mama does with babies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221217_205852_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221217_205852_Gallery.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 8

deerfever

These are great guns! I had the 742 carbine in 30 06 . I had scored a touchdown years ago to help my team beat a rival in highschool 7 to 3. My uncle ,who was a huge football fan and Hunter came over after the game and gave me the gun. The gun was stolen from me along with all my stuff of value in a 1996 break in. I killed several with the gun before it was stolen. A true classic and a real shooter! Whoever gets this will not regret it. I wish I still had that gun to hand down to my son.

Latest posts