Remingnton Corelokts

Tennessee Lead

A few years back I was running low on ammunition for my .300wsm always had shot Winchester Supreme silver tips 150 grain.
The only ammunition I could find locally was 150 grain core-lokts. Took them to the range and they shot a hunting group. After zeroing them I killed 2 bucks with them that year back to back days 15 yards apart that never took a step. I have no experience with a blood trail with them but the internal damage was severe. Both shots were in the 100 yard range.
I didn't buy anymore because I had 100 rounds handloaded with 165 grain Hornady Interlocks a similar projectile to the core-lokt.
They shoot well and have killed everything I've shot. The blood trail left could be better.
I'm accumulating several pieces of Brass again that will be loaded with either e-tips, TTSX or GMX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Get a bigger gun ya big pansie. :rotf:

I have lost VERY few deer using the 150 grain corelokts and when I did, it was my fault, not the bullets.

You are 100% correct on the lack of blood though. Largest racked buck I ever killed, if not for pure luck I would have never found him.
Perfect shot, right behind the shoulder, through both lungs.
That is why I go with the low neck / high shoulder placement now.

You have seen the results a time or two. ;)

cmc934

2-Step Enabled
e602e5dcf4df7e5693c45b12abd1ee79.jpg

Corelokts from 7-08 dropped them in their tracks. The bobcat pounced on the buck after it was dead.

mike243

Im pretty sure the ballistic tips were originally designed for long shots to make the bullet mushroom at slower velocity and on close shots they can and will blow things up. But a plastic tip is put on a lot of bullets now and i couldn't tell you which is which these days

rmmonty32

cmc934":3sxl9fby said:
e602e5dcf4df7e5693c45b12abd1ee79.jpg

Corelokts from 7-08 dropped them in their tracks. The bobcat pounced on the buck after it was dead.

Thats pretty cool!! This is only my 3rd year hunting I also use the core lokt in my marlin 35 rem. Last yr was my first buck kill (still lookin for this yrs in east tn) i got em on a neck shot and almost no blood luckily he dropped where he stood and never even twitched.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts