Reloading equipment

ShootmStraight

I am wanted to start reloading. What would be a good starter setup and that i can build on? I have about 13 rifles and two handguns. I would like to start with 300 RUM, 270, 22, 380, 40 cal and prob 12 gauge. Any idea of cost?

FULLDRAWXX75

You can't beat the RCBS "Rock Chucker Kit", it has all the basic components (except dies) You will need to purchase some needed extras (calipers, case lube, etc) Here is a link to look at:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... D4Q8wIwBQ#

Now, that will cover the rifle question, excluding the .22.

You will need totally different equipment for the 12 ga.

I would safely guess you could be into the 450-500 dollar range to get set up, maybe cheaper if you shop around some.

The initial expense is the hardest, or was until the price of powder and bullets hit the roof. Pick a round you like the best out of the bunch, get set up and start stock piling as you see it on sale.

FDXX75

44fanatic

R.I.P.
If you are going to be reloading allot of pistol, look at a turret press. I have a Lee that I am happy with and have not had any problems in the last year. The Lee can also be turned into a single stage press for loading rifle cartridges.

jakeway

The Lee Aniversary kit is less expensive (less than $100) than the RCBS, and I've had no complaints with quality of equipment, durability, or accuracy of the loads in the 15 or so years I've been using mine. But the RCBS certainly is nice if you aren't under budget contraints.

Latest posts