Release and Arrow Recommendations

TN Larry

I'm looking at possibly switching releases. Any recommendations on the best trigger release for a loop? Or does it just boil down to personal preference? I know there are different types i.e. some with jaws that grip the loop and some that have a "J" hook that goes on it. I don't really care. I just want durabiltiy and a relatively light trigger. I think mine is a cheaper Tru Fire. Just wondering what else is out there. They all seem the same when you just look at them.

Also, I need to buy some arrows. I am currently shooting a Carbon Express that has been discontinued. I'm not looking to break the bank but looking for a decent arrow. I'm currently shooting a PSE with 29" draw and 65 lb pull. I haven't ran it through a chrono, but the advertised IBO is around 325 fps. Of course, I know that it isn't shooting that fast, but it's a pretty fast bow. Any recommendations on a good quality arrow?

LanceS4803

I've been happy with Beeman ICS Hunters. Be happier if they would leave the graphics alone, as they seem to change every 6-12 months. (Bugs me to not have all my arrows look the same.)

TN Larry

I think that after shooting the past two days that I will keep what I have. I've never been the greatest bow shot at a target but absolutely stacked them the past two shooting sessions.

Grill-n-man

Yup you got it right, all personal preference. I shot a scott dual jaw release for years. Shot a hook release for a couple. And now shoot a Hardcore thumb release. For me the thumb release is working out to be the best for ME. Only real thing I look for in a release is a smooth trigger, not light but smooth.

Arrows are like bows, with the technology thats out there I would say finding a bad one is pretty hard to do. Arrow selection is simply up to the shooter and how much they are willing to spend. I've shot Easton ( aluminum and carbon ), Victory, Carbon Express, and Gold tip and have killed with, lost, broke, and missed with them all. I will say this I more than likely will not waste my money on .001 straightness again. Not enough difference in grouping, flight, or whatever you want to call it to justify the cost. Only thing i truly look for in arrows is weight. Cant stand light arrows and dont give a hoot about speed.

TNDeerGuy

Releases are totally personal preference. However, handle releases, all things equal, will be more consistent because everything is in a line,(shoulder, arm,hand,string,arrow and bow) where a trigger release is not. I shot a trigger release for decades and it always worked very well for me, but the last couple of years I've been using a Stan Just-X button release and this year I will add in one of my hinges as well--once again, a bleed over from competition archery.

As far as arrows, like previous comments, save your money on the .001 straightness arrows--the average archer will rarely notice a difference between them and .005 arrows. I prefer a arrow that gives me balanced flight characteristics--between energy, speed and flight patterns.

Latest posts