Red label v/s invizx

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
For those that use the invizx, is it really that much better than the red label and if so, why?

I don't mind paying more if it is worth it.
I am, I guess, in the minority in that I really like the red label.
I do, however, put line conditioner on it and there have been times that it will come off the front of the spool and get all jacked up.
I did, also, have a few breaks on the hookset last year.

Does the invizx fix these issues?

TNReb

I used Red Label for a pretty long time. I wasn't fishing as often then, but I felt like the line had a lot of memory to it. Generally speaking, I liked it. It was more sensitive than mono and I don't recall having the line break often.

Last year I switched to Invizx because I found a good deal on some. I bought several spools in various tests and strung up my casting reels. I didn't have any complaints. I can only recall breaking off on one hook set, and that was likely my fault for not paying attention and retying when my line was nicked. I didn't have any issues with memory.

I have a lot of reels that I need to re-spool this year (I sold several, bought different ones). I plan on buying Invizx again as soon as I find some on sale. Academy had some on sale last week, but they didn't have the test that I wanted.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I just looked it up on tackle warehouse and it looks like for a 1,000 yard spool you are looking at about $125 for it and the lighter weight I use is right at $100.
Pretty much twice the price of the red label.

That is the only place I have found it in the 1,000 yard spools.

TNReb

RUGER":1g0r4x12 said:
I just looked it up on tackle warehouse and it looks like for a 1,000 yard spool you are looking at about $125 for it and the lighter weight I use is right at $100.

The best price I've found this year has been on Ebay. You can get a 1,000 yard spool of 10 or 12lb for under $70.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
TNReb":1ypns6ol said:
RUGER":1ypns6ol said:

The best price I've found this year has been on Ebay. You can get a 1,000 yard spool of 10 or 12lb for under $70.
Awesome I will check that out for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN Larry

I fish a lot and more than most people. I have used several different fluorocarbons and like the Red Label better than most. It is on 90% of my reels as we speak and not because of cost. In my opinion, it is smaller in diameter than most lines and limper with better feel. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't switch from the Red Label unless you don't like it at all.

Jmed

I normally use invisix. It softer and more subtle than the red label, which helps with longer casting, but also more accuracy in casting as the line is not as stiff on the spool. I flip with the 20lb. and I swear I have pulled stumps off the bottom with it.

Lincoln Co Archer

Personally I hated red label on a spinning reel. Invisx is much better for that application. 15lb Red Label is hard to beat for an all purpose, do everything line. That being said, I like Sunline Sniper more than any Seaguar product.

NumberOne

RUGER":1wm06dqj said:
For those that use the invizx, is it really that much better than the red label and if so, why?

I do, however, put line conditioner on it and there have been times that it will come off the front of the spool and get all jacked up.

Ruger don't you use a spinning reel a lot? If so, I would go braid to leader. I wouldn't ever throw a spinning reel if I had to throw straight flouro on a spinning setup. Besides it being more sensitive, braid is pretty darn easy to manage. No line twists/loops. Also, on a spinning setup the guides are larger so leader knots are not an issues going through them. Just an idea. Braid would solve a lot of problems.

NumberOne

Oh and I forgot. If the idea of tying leader knots a lot doesn't sound appealing, make the leader longer. I will usually make it 10-12 feet. If I break off, I got some extra leader so I don't have to tie another leader on the boat.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
NumberOne":2vf561y2 said:
RUGER":2vf561y2 said:

Ruger don't you use a spinning reel a lot? If so, I would go braid to leader. I wouldn't ever throw a spinning reel if I had to throw straight flouro on a spinning setup. Besides it being more sensitive, braid is pretty darn easy to manage. No line twists/loops. Also, on a spinning setup the guides are larger so leader knots are not an issues going through them. Just an idea. Braid would solve a lot of problems.

That makes sense.
I use a spinning reel exclusively for bream and most of the time for trout but that is only a couple times a year.
I was just considering changing to the invizx but honestly for the amount of trouble I have out of the red label I don't see the increase in price as being worth it.
When I bass fish I only use a baitcaster.

NumberOne

RUGER":bif0w20o said:
NumberOne":bif0w20o said:
RUGER":bif0w20o said:

That makes sense.
I use a spinning reel exclusively for bream and most of the time for trout but that is only a couple times a year.
I was just considering changing to the invizx but honestly for the amount of trouble I have out of the red label I don't see the increase in price as being worth it.
When I bass fish I only use a baitcaster.

Gotcha. I throw braid to leader on bottom baits with a baitcaster too. Not because of line management but for the sensitivity and I don't set a hook like hulk so it helps me there too. Will say braid to leader can be tough on baitcaster if you are throwing lighter baits (like a wacky worm). Knot gets caught in the guides some times because the lack of weight to pull it cleanly. Sorry if I derailed this thread haha