Red Head Blackout (G5 Striker)

UTGrad

Got out a Red Head Blackout fixed blade I had in my broadhead box yesterday and shot a few. Great flying head!

Anyone got reviews on this head? It's a G5 Striker so I guess any experience with the Striker would be the same.

TNDeerGuy

I've been using the G5 Strikers for years! They are true flying heads that give great wound channels and great bloodtrails. The blades are some of the sharpest blades I have ever seen out of a factory head. I assume it is because of the blade angle, but the holes are actually holes, instead of the three folds.

UTGrad

TNDeerGuy":1jk9f338 said:
I've been using the G5 Strikers for years! They are true flying heads that give great wound channels and great bloodtrails. The blades are some of the sharpest blades I have ever seen out of a factory head. I assume it is because of the blade angle, but the holes are actually holes, instead of the three folds.

Thanks Andy. Definitely a good looking head. Plus they fly nicely.

NateUK

I used the Blackouts for the first time last year and they were great for me. I killed 3 deer and all 3 dropped in sight. Of course it helped that I made double lung shots on all three. I prefer fixed blade broad heads and these are really good.

UTGrad

Ummmmm yeah so on a compulsive whim I bought a pack of G5 Strikers today. Boy was that $40 down the drain lol

Only one out of the three in the package spun true. I've got an Apple Archery arrow tester and two of the heads had a HUGE wobble. How can G5 claim these were spin tested? I guess these made it to the package when the certified spin tester employee took their smoke break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdtac1

UTGrad, have you checked your inserts to insure they are square? I have an ASD (Arrow Squaring Device) and find most times I can get almost any broad head to spin true.

UTGrad

cdtac1":2as93i7u said:
UTGrad, have you checked your inserts to insure they are square? I have an ASD (Arrow Squaring Device) and find most times I can get almost any broad head to spin true.

No I don't but all my other broadheads spin true on these Gold Tip Pro Hunters so that kinda eliminates the arrow. It was definitely the broadheads.

Latest posts