Red crankbaits

FLTENNHUNTER1

Has anyone had any luck catching bass using red colored lipless cranks, square bills, etc. in the month of February? Do Tennessee rivers/lakes/reservoirs has lots of crawdads?

bigquacks

getting ready to paint up some red cranks to go with this set.
1645232416341.png

WTM

i use more green pumpkin and black/blue flake, mainly because there is very little plant growth this time of year around here and dirtier water will hold more fish.

i will use red off rip rap, bluff walls and around boat ramps if the water is cleaner and where the larger crawfish will burrow ip. theyll be the only ones that will be red this time of year unless there is some grass still around. smaller juveniles will be darker brown.

for consistent bass fishing you match the color with water clarity and conditions, most of the time.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I'm not much of a bass fisherman, but in 1996 my buddy and I got a wild hair and drove to Lake Fork in Texas to catch big bass in very early spring. We had no idea what we were doing, but every single boat we saw was throwing two baits…a red willow leaf spinner bait and a red rattle trap.

Headhunter

I have always had great luck in the spring when chasing bass. I have plenty of red or red variations of crankbaits.

I have almost never caught a bass on a red colored crankbait.

Headhunter

My go to bait in the spring time for bass is a 1/4 oz. rat-l-trap in silver tennessee shad. I cannot remember how many have told me I need a different color, that color won't catch bass, only to have them ask for one. :)

Latest posts