Recommend Turkey Guide?

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
Decided I want to work towards my Royal Slam with a bow, after getting my Gould's in Mexico.. Anyone know of any good nearby guides for an eastern that accommodate bow hunters?

Or someone have a swarm of easterns in their area that want a good tip? Open to suggestions.

Thanks

Bgoodman30

Decided I want to work towards my Royal Slam with a bow, after getting my Gould's in Mexico.. Anyone know of any good nearby guides for an eastern that accommodate bow hunters?

Or someone have a swarm of easterns in their area that want a good tip? Open to suggestions.

Thanks
Eastern?? Elk River outfitters comes to mind.

megalomaniac

Wow, that's crazyness.

Anyone with more details on this outfit?
Nothing firsthand, but I suspect his business just grew too fast....

His guides/clients were killing over 100 birds a season, and I suspect as the demand for killing increased, the need for more properties increased, and he probably ended up with a bad apple as one of his guides that tarnished the whole outfit. He has had a stellar reputation before this recent stuff. I am surprised he didn't correct the 'guide's' mistakes though.

He did recently kill a giant of a buck.

Roost 1

Wow, that's crazyness.

Anyone with more details on this outfit?In
Wow, that's crazyness.

Anyone with more details on this outfit?
In reference to the link posted above, the man who got killed is not the guy who runs Elk River Oitfitters. He guided for ERO on his families land. He at one time ran his own outfitting business, there may be some confusion here. A guy named Scottie Layman runs ERO. They kill a bunch of birds but I'm not sure it's my style of hunting and I'll leave it at that. Not sure I'd want him to offer advise on "land management".
However he is a nice guy. Most car salesman are nice guys too for what that's worth.

Latest posts