Recent debate among friends

RNT

A debate has came up within our hunting group. Has duck hunting gotten away from morals and ethics and just plain ole having fun with your hunting buddies and became more about the Corporate Dollar??

WingNut

I think that a lot of people look at a successful hunt as how may you killed and how many you killed all year. There is more emphasis put on that then there is the memories that you make each time you go out. The more enjoyable hunts that I have been on we may have only killed a few or hell none at all. You know you were there. I have had the best times just cuttin up and being around the people that share the same passion for hunting as I do.

Teufelhunden

WingNut said:
The more enjoyable hunts that I have been on we may have only killed a few or hell none at all. You know you were there. I have had the best times just cuttin up and being around the people that share the same passion for hunting as I do.

This.

pathfindr92

Its just the same as deer hunting.

Look at what happened with the industry when the MOJOs first came out. Everyone had to have one, and it led to a duck gadget arms race. Now its spread to ammo, decoys, and clothing.

I'm glad that we have things like tungsten shot and acrylic calls, not to mention warm, lightweight waterfowl clothing. Its great to be able to enjoy the fruits of a competitive market. However, at some point I believe a lot of people lost sight of what duck hunting really is about. Now it seems that it makes more difference what "pro-staff" you're on or how many stickers will fit on you truck, boat, and/or shotgun barrel, than how you actually hunt ducks.

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, and in reality, I think most regular hunters do too. Its that the people who promote hunting, the TV hosts, the marketing staff for the companies, the "Pro-staffers" selling gear, etc. are promoting the idea that you need all this junk to kill ducks, and you're a sorry hunter if you dont have it. That's what is put in the public eye, and it drives people to "keep up with the Jones's."

My .02 on it, anyway. Hope you all are having a good season over in the ducky part of the state. Push some birds to East TN if you can!

big B

If it is a question of quantity or quality,it's hard to say but killing 7 Friday with the same guys I killed 30 with Saturday was just as memorable,it's the little things that count in life!

Dodgeball

Blue5 said:
Im gonna wait on THEONE to post his reply then Ill chime in! LOL
I cant believe you beat me to this! Thief!
I will speak on behalf of Jeremy, Beaver, and the rest of the Quack Shack crew the only time we make memories is when we burn'em up we work hard as anybody at it and if we aint killing'em we can get pretty moody around camp But thats just us everybody has there definition of a good hunt. I guess you can say we are about quanity. Oh and BigB i think you are about quanity to. :grin:

big B

If I'd have to choose it would be quantity,but I've been spoiled my first hunt in Arkansas we killed 36,don't know what it's like to be beet up for long,yeh I guess it's quantity.

Latest posts