Realtree EZ Hanger as Gun Rest?

UTGrad

I've got a 3 section Realtree EZ bow hanger that I want to try as a gun rest in a hang on stand. I've read if you put it about chest height, it can swing out and work as a rest for shots out front and to the left.

Anyone try one as a gun rest?

ADR

I haven't but I have found a way to have a steady gun rest in any tree. I attach a simple small screw in hanger ($0.99 one) about head high when standing into the tree directly at my back of the stand. On the end of my pull up rope I tie a really large loop in the rope-approximately a 6" loop. I feed the gun through the loop onto to forearm of the firearm-sometimes the scope goes in a well. The I guess the length of rope from screw in hanger to comfortable gun height and tie an overhand loop to attach to the hanger. I hook the small loop onto the hanger and then big loop through the gun. Then adjust length accordingly. Sometimes it takes a time or two to get the length correct but makes for a rock solid rest in any tree.

Let me know if that sounds confusing as it's a simple concept. Plus you can make small adjustments for height but sliding the gun forward/backward in the large loop. Plus you can swing any direction with this set up.

Latest posts