re-positioning battery on 04 kodiak

deerjackie

i am tired of paying 70-90 bucks for a battery when my 19 hp lawn mower battery cost 25 will crank it just fine.lawn mower battery wont fit under seat in tool box on this model.any suggestions?and its murder cranking with the rope!almost impossible.mount battery in pull around lawn cart?cables are cheap.thanks.

mike243

my rancher is 5 years old & has the same battery that came with it,you might need to have the charging system cked out if your not running xtra lites or acc,mike243

BlackBelt

I was replacing batteries every year also in my Honda Foreman, until I bought a battery tender (trickle charger). I made a quick-connect plug for it, and leave it on the charger when I'm not riding it. It's always worked fine since then. I figure that that battery should be good for a few years now.
The Honda guy told me that some Honda's just have a very slight drain on that battery all the time, and that the trickle charger was the $25 fix.
He was right.

deerjackie

i am set up to run wet or dry so i got a wey 14L-a2 at wal mart 32 bucks with a core exchange. i have a schumacker battery companion so i should be ok for a while. the only drawback is if you leave a wet batt ery on tender all the time you really have to keep eye on fluid level.14L-a2 fitswhere a yuasa ytx 14 ah fits and lasted longer than the stock maint free battery did on mine.wal mart cashier told me 72 at one store and 32 at the next?you figure it out.wal mart has maint free also for this application.

FULLDRAWXX75

The advise about the battery tender is good. I have them on all my toys...........the Harleys, 4 wheeler, etc.

The nice part about the tender vs. a standard trickle charger is the tender will charge to full then place a working draw on the battery then repeat this. I have had one on my '01 Roadking from day one, it has the original battery in it (8yrs now) I just recently ran a test on the battery.........still perfect. I usually plug them in if I am not going to use any of them in more than a weeks time.

Wal Mart has them by Black & Decker for @ $18 and change, comes with all the hardware and jumper leads. I have used one on my p/u battery when it is stored for the winter months, no problems so far.

FDXX75

Latest posts