Range Finders

Toddy

Any on used or have a Nikon Arrow ID? Looking at range finders and this catches my eye. Any better choices? Any brands to stay away from? Also have looked at the Halo's but not sure about them.

TNDeerGuy

I do not know anything about that particular Nikon range finder, but as with any other type of optics—you get out of it what you put into it! Nikon makes some great optics, but I would make sure to stay middle of the line or higher if at all possible—and stay away from the junk Halo stuff! :)

I got tired of having problems with various Bushnells and decided to go big and bought the Leupold RX800i. Of course, I shoot alot of 3D and I need something that will give me great numbers and great readings and the Leupold hasn't failed me yet, where some of the guys I shoot with have problems with readings due to lighting, angles and shadings of the target—mine reads consistent and I've taped it off out to 90yds and it is within .1 to .2 diffence with the tape.

hornsdonteat

Toddy":1pbj4097 said:
Any on used or have a Nikon Arrow ID? Looking at range finders and this catches my eye. Any better choices? Any brands to stay away from? Also have looked at the Halo's but not sure about them.
Cant go wrong with anything Nikon.

HogHvn

I had a couple friends that shot the ASA tournament in FLA. Everyone was having problems trying to range through fog except the ones that had a Leupold rangefinders.

ADR

I'll second what HogHvn said. I have a nikon riflemaster 600 I think. It has the angle compensation and is very reliable except in misting rain or fog.

tree_ghost

Halo rangefinder is junk. I am not impressed with capabilities vs advertisement...granted I bought it on ebay for 75 bucks so what do you expect? Vortex makes a great middle of the road rangefinder!

TNDeerGuy

HogHvn":3jkbhy56 said:
I had a couple friends that shot the ASA tournament in FLA. Everyone was having problems trying to range through fog except the ones that had a Leupold rangefinders.

That's just another reason why I use Leupold....you get out of them what you put into them.

TNReb

I've always had Leupold rangefinders for golf. I play several days a week so it's fair to say I use them pretty heavily. I also used them for hunting. Never had any problems with them. Worked good in low light, etc.

Earlier this year someone stole my Leupold at a golf course on Louisiana. I replaced it with a Bushnell (their top of the line for golf) and I like it just fine. However, I completely forgot about using it for hunting. The one I bought is too big to be carrying around while hunting. Oops.

I'm looking for a cheap one just for bow hunting. I can't justify spending too much on it...

Toddy

Wish I hadn't picked up the higher end range finders. The red display and how much faster they read is amazing. Really like the Vortex. Now just figuring out how to pay for it.

Latest posts