Random Stuff

Trapper John

Stuff from the farm.

stuff.jpg

I have no idea what the acorn looking thing in the rock is. I just thought it looked cool.

Trapper John

Yeah. That was back before I sold my Nautilus detector. I'm about to get a more user friendly detector for the "casual" relic hunter. Maybe a Cibola or something along those lines. That Nautilus worked great but was a bear to set up and would constantly become "undone" and I'd have to reset it.

That trigger was picked up at 8 inches. That was the deepest object.

Crow Terminator

Nice stuff Trapper!!

Detectors now days are undergoing one of two phases. They have started making some really really good ones for low entry level prices. And they have started making some really awesome ones for "break your bank account and get shot by the wife" prices. :)

Fisher has two new machines for 2007 and both are REALLY making believers out of critics. And I do mean some REAL critics. Especially the F-75. It will be my next machine. Soon as I can muster up around $1k.

Tesoro came on the scene a few years ago with the HOT technology. With the Tejon, Cibola, and Vaquero. They really had the ball in their court and have waited too long in introducing a new unit to keep people interested. Now all the other companies have caught up and surpassed that technology. You should be able to find them for fairly cheap now.

Minelab came out with the X-Terra series machines. I'd put them up against anything in their class. For a $300-$600 price range I don't think there is another machine that can touch them. The X-Terra 70 was my favorite of the series. Then they also have the tried and true Explorer. It is my favorite machine of all time but that's why I want to try the Fisher F-75. The Explorer has had a faithful following of users for many years and there have been A LOT of machines come out that they didn't even raise an eyebrow towards. Then all of a sudden they started putting the Explorers on the classifieds and posting pics of finds made with the F-75s so something is up. LOL.

Latest posts