Video Rainy Roosted Public Land Turkey

Steverino

Ha! You did much better than I - years ago on public land I'd worked a bird and didn't get him. Went out that late afternoon and listened for the tell-tale gobble when it was fly up time and heard it. Next morning its pouring rain so I go out in it anyway cause I knew where this bird was. I'm walking real slow on a path and then I start moving off into a learning - I see this dark object in the fork of a a tree and walk right up on him - about 10' off the ground and I see BIRD! He was either sleeping or wasn't gonna spook so I back off a bit and hit the ground watching - waiting and getting soaked. After about 15 minutes he flys down and instead of coming in my way goes on the opposite side of the tree headed down that way and out - I'm calling - he's gobbling - but getting quieter all the time - finally I got up and tried to locate him but he'd crossed the road to the other side and went in there. I spent a good hour on this. That evening I go back over and listened again and he was back but farther up the path where we were before - got out there next morning hit the call once or twice and he started up a storm - I see him come out from a tree right in front and bang. Dead bird. Tasted delicious.

Congrats are in order!!!!

Latest posts