Quota Hunt Question?

JC5810

I planned on putting in for the Chuck Swan WMA hunt but found out you can't take non hunters. Are there any quota hunts that you can have a non hunter/shooter tag along?

mike243

none that I know of but I seen a guy come back with 4-5 kids & a dad at catossa 1 year & drag a deer out of a hollow,he was late getting to his spot as we were walking in & stopped us & said he had a lawn chair down there marking his hunting spot,we went another direction & he killed a big 10pt a few hrs latter,a call to the area manager would be the best bet on a particular wma

mike243

Be advised chuckswan went from a bonus deer last year to part of state wide limit,didnt look to see if same this year though

JC5810

Yeah I read about the change, I only need 1-2 deer a year (just the wife and I). I made a few calls but was curious if anybody new offhand. That's interesting about the Catoosa incident, I'd like to know his secret involving lawn chairs and kids that pulls out 10 pointers haha

Diehard Hunter

There are a few WMAs that will allow a non hunting youth to tag along, but none of them allow non hunting adults without a permit.

JC5810

Is the "permit" the same as drawing for the hunt (i.e. the person has to buy applicable licenses and draw)? I'm still learning the process.

stik

JC5810 said:
Is the "permit" the same as drawing for the hunt (i.e. the person has to buy applicable licenses and draw)? I'm still learning the process.

yes. you draw a permit for the hunt.

Latest posts