Quickfletch

TNReb

Anyone a fan of Quikfletch? Any complaints (besides price)?

Did a search and found 0 results.. kind of surprised me. Figured it'd been discussed.

TNDeerGuy

Nyper said:
Anyone a fan of Quikfletch? Any complaints (besides price)?

Did a search and found 0 results.. kind of surprised me. Figured it'd been discussed.

Personally, I don't like them. Yes, they are very easy to use, but they add to much unneccesary weight to the back of the arrow via the weight of the quickfletch itself and the water that will become trapped inside. Plus, if you tear a fletching you have to replace the whole thing and that gets expensive. Your better off buying a fletching jig for the cost of 3-4 packs of quickfletches in the long run when you start adding up costs over time the jig is much less expensive. If your doing it for visual reasons then you can crest the back of the arrow and then fletch them in a jig.

cozy23

I have used them. The first pack I bought lasted for forever then the fletches started to tear from going thru my whisker biscuit so many times. I bought a second pack and they all have torn and come off.

I now have a fletching jig. Have'nt quite figured it out yet but it is fun and you can customize your arrows alot more like this.

Carnage

Had a bohning blazer fletcher and just got tired of all the crap that goes with it (glue/vanes/alcohol) then have them not stick because of old glue...went with the quickfletch and they hit at 60yds with arrows with glued on fletches. I can Fletcher 6 arrows in 2 minutes. Will never Fletcher the old way again

TNDeerGuy

Secret Squirrel said:
I don't think they weigh more than a crested arrow with vanes.

The quickfletch weighs in at 30 grains by itself, not counting water that may get trapped inside. A crested arrow with three Blazers will be approx. 20-22 grains.

thetoolman

Bought some of the blazer ones last year to try and couldn't get them to tune or group for crap. Stripped them down after a week and they still had water under the wraps. I just bought one of these: http://www.basspro.com/Arizona-Carbon-E ... 3986/79414 and called Bohning, they sent me a new pack of blazers and wraps comparable to what I paid for the EZ fletch packs (Great customer service). With the Arizona EZ fletch I can keep it in my bow case and it works great.

Big Gun

I think the key to using the EZ fletch is to insert it into the water SLOWLY. I've done several arrows with them and haven't had a problem yet.
Also, if you have access to a heat gun that is another way to keep water from effecting them.

boweye91

I have used the NAP QuickFletch and like them pretty well. The only complaint that I have is that the vanes are a little thin and tear up if another arrow brushes them. I may try the Blazer version to see if they are a little more durable.

Very easy though and I will continue to use some for of these

Latest posts