question

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
haha.gif

We won't laugh. Much. Go ahead.

Physiksgeek

CC, I have questions too. For instance...where does the white go when the snow melt? What do you plant to get a seedless grape? I struggle too but together we can get through this! Ask away....

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
All I was gonna ask is if in my part of the state could I find a blue arrowhead.

Does the color depend on the type of soil?

Now go ahead and laugh.

Chaneylake

hey stovepipe, are ya good at what type arrowheads are, i got a bunch of them, real good ones, that i picked up in wayne county back in the late 60's, did not persue the hobby again til the past 10 years, got some decent stuff from here in haywood co. have never really gotten into the identify type of the sport yet, they are just all in an old winchester wood ammo box collecting dust, i thought about sorting them into groups of ones that sorta look alike and posting picture, can you guys help me

Chaneylake

i am the same here, know where to find them, being an all farming area, "no-til" has just about killed the rock hunting in my area, at one time loved this time of year, would walk the disc fields all day looking for rocks, kinda a thing of the past for right now, got a grandaughter that loves my rocks, just might put her on the id project, those kids will amaze ya at what they pick up on

Chaneylake

thats just a drop in tha bucket as to what i got in those boxes, have not really looked at them in the past 8-10 years, usually when i pick up something, i just put it in the box with all the others, no-til farming has about killed rock hunting in my area

Chris Tripp

Ok, here it goes....

Number 1. Kirk Preform looks like Horse Creek Chert
2. Cobbs
3. Knights Island preform
4. Fluted Quad (Paleo)
5. Tear drop Adena
6. Tennessee River
7. Dalton Greenbrier
8. Adena blade
9. Kirk Preform
10. Agate Basin (Paleo)
11. Eva
12. Blade
13. Knife ( hard to classify some blades without alot of form)
14. Awl made from a Beaver tail Adena
15. Adena blade
16. Blade
17. Eva
18. Blade
19. Adena
20. Adena
21. Adena Robbins
22. Adena Robbins
23. Mulberry Creek
24. Little Bear Creek
25. Savannah River
26. Waubesa
27. Waubesa
28. Little Bear Creek
29. Beacon Island
30. Eva
31. Waubesa
32. Wade
33. Benton
34. Snapped Base Decatur
35. Adena
36. Pickwick or possibly Eva, would have to see close up of flaking.
37. Adena
38. Cotaco Creek
39. Looks like a Brewerton corner notch, but would have to see a clearer closeup.

Chaneylake

thanks a ton Chris, if you are interested, i will work on better pictures, less points per picture with better closeup quality, i have several hundred points, do not want to be a big bother about it, but would like to get many more of them identified, if you are willing i will post pictures of more, can do in groups of 20 and hopefully get better quality photo

again, thanks a mil

ray powell