Question on bag limits

huvrman

If I read the regs correctly, it appears I cannot shoot a doe in clay or Overton counties, (unit a) from 17 Nov on, even if I elect to use a bow. is that correct?

scn

huvrman said:
If I read the regs correctly, it appears I cannot shoot a doe in clay or Overton counties, (unit a) from 17 Nov on, even if I elect to use a bow. is that correct?

Once the archery only deer season closes, the bag limit for that season is done/closed even if you continue to use a bow to hunt.

scn

bowriter said:
Good scenery, huh, Steve.

Great scenery, post card weather (unfortunately for the fishing), and a bunch of wildlife. This time I saw bighorn sheep at about 10 yds, mountain goats, elk, more mule deer than I've ever seen, antelope, a hunge jackrabbit, and a glimpse of a moose running across hwy 20. I'm guessing later in the year and less people make the game sightings a little better.

bowriter

R.I.P.
You make it to Little Jon's in Bozeman? I almost went to school there because of the elk hunting. They just didn't offer quite enough scholarship.

scn

bowriter said:
You make it to Little Jon's in Bozeman? I almost went to school there because of the elk hunting. They just didn't offer quite enough scholarship.

No, we were just passing through Bozeman coming and going from the airport.

I have my doubts about being able to ajust to the winters where snows are measurd in feet, but would love to be out there June-Nov.

bowriter

R.I.P.
only drawback is skeeters. They can be fierce around the water.

There was/is a creek that runs almost through Bozeman. It is full of trout and is just a short walk fromt he rodeo arena. One year, I almost missed getting on my bareback horse cause the trout were hitting.

Latest posts