QB change for UGA

PalsPal

Others — such as me — believe there has been a change in the hierarchy behind Lambert and that Georgia is simply getting Bauta ready to be the No. 2 guy.

That's what they WANT you to think. I agree with this guy :D !

TreyB

Yeah I think Greyson will be the QB for the most part... I could see Bauta coming in as a curveball every now and then for a trick play to try catch UF off balance.

TreyB

Screens and read option playbook... Desperation move

If UGA gets beat by UF and then loses to Auburn, I think Richt may be gone. :pop:

TreyB

FINAL THOUGHT ON THE QB CHANGE...

After considering all the angles, most importantly balancing out the stupidity of Richt's penchant for really ill-conceived smoke screens against the stupidity of Richt's penchant for colossally moronic gotcha strategic ploys, I have to believe this is a gimmick to get UF to waste time preparing for him.

Truth is they run and have always run nothing but a vanilla according-to-Hoyle pro set I. Their playbook doesn't have any spread-option plays. It doesn't have any triple option veers or read options. There are no wishbone pages.

There will likely be two run choices for Bauta to employ scripted runs:

1) The straight QB draw, which Richt has always had and used even with mud-footed pocket QBs, or

2) A simple wildcat play which is not really a play but just a sandlot concept where everyone blocks who is in front of them and the QB tries to find a hole and improvise.

Neither of these plays require any additional prep by our defense. Only focus could be altered here from our perspective.

And something about the possibility of adding a new package or two for Bauta: the other 10 players on offense would have to learn a whole new set of plays.

I hope they DO do this.

Because their offense is bad enough trying to run plays they've been practicing their entire Georgia careers...and practicing with a first or second string QB running the offense....I can only imagine how badly they'd execute totally new concept plays they just started working on two weeks ago, being directed by a third stringer who has been receiving almost none of the practice reps since spring.

Latest posts