QAD drop away rest

niclmbrt1

I have been looking at the QAD drop away rest. I have noticed they offer a bow brand specific option. I am new to archery and was curious if there is any benefit for purchasing a brand specific QAD rest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNDeerGuy

Yes, just looks as previously mentioned. In my opinion, there are better built options than QAD rests. The Bowfinger Medusa Max, built right here in Mid-TN, is the best full-containment rest on the market--both in design and operation.

niclmbrt1

TNDeerGuy":71bg4jx7 said:
Yes, just looks as previously mentioned. In my opinion, there are better built options than QAD rests. The Bowfinger Medusa Max, built right here in Mid-TN, is the best full-containment rest on the market--both in design and operation.

Thank you for the suggestion.

niclmbrt1

What sets the Medusa Max apart from the QAD and other brand drop away rest?

TNDeerGuy

niclmbrt1":2kam6f42 said:

For one, the cord connection is on the outside of the rest, instead of internal. It makes for changing the cord a breeze, instead of taking the entire rest apart. Here is one of the features that set it apart--because the cord is attached externally, you can micro adjust the timing without having to re-serve and re-install the cord to the cable of the bow.

As far as functionality, it is heavier built and has a spring that is a lot heavier than the spring on the QAD and other rests--this eliminates any possibility of bounceback, something that has plagued QAD for years. You can see the rest "activate" on the Medusa when nearing fulldraw and it will catch and keep the launcher arm up during a letdown. The launcher drops alot quicker, it begins to drop almost immediately, so it is out of the way sooner, unlike Ripcord and QAD that doesn't start to drop until the arrow is ⅓rd launched.

So, heavier spring, micro-adjustable, external cord, faster activation, full containment, stays up during letdown and made by a fellow Tennessean that is a engineer and machinist--how could it not be better. :)

niclmbrt1

TNDeerGuy":348dyacn said:
niclmbrt1":348dyacn said:

For one, the cord connection is on the outside of the rest, instead of internal. It makes for changing the cord a breeze, instead of taking the entire rest apart. Here is one of the features that set it apart--because the cord is attached externally, you can micro adjust the timing without having to re-serve and re-install the cord to the cable of the bow.

As far as functionality, it is heavier built and has a spring that is a lot heavier than the spring on the QAD and other rests--this eliminates any possibility of bounceback, something that has plagued QAD for years. You can see the rest "activate" on the Medusa when nearing fulldraw and it will catch and keep the launcher arm up during a letdown. The launcher drops alot quicker, it begins to drop almost immediately, so it is out of the way sooner, unlike Ripcord and QAD that doesn't start to drop until the arrow is ⅓rd launched.

So, heavier spring, micro-adjustable, external cord, faster activation, full containment, stays up during letdown and made by a fellow Tennessean that is a engineer and machinist--how could it not be better. :)

Thank You

f1maxis

niclmbrt1":udc86s08 said:
I have been looking at the QAD drop away rest. I have noticed they offer a bow brand specific option. I am new to archery and was curious if there is any benefit for purchasing a brand specific QAD rest?

Actually, there is more than looks only for the bow-specific models. The Elite QAD rest, for example, has the secondary set screw hole relocated to fit the newer Elite risers. If you use the standard QAD, it will still work, but you won't be able to use the lockdown set screw since it winds up being in a "hole" in the newer Elite risers. It also has pre-marked centershot markings for the Elite risers.

niclmbrt1

f1maxis":18x5dapt said:
niclmbrt1":18x5dapt said:

Actually, there is more than looks only for the bow-specific models. The Elite QAD rest, for example, has the secondary set screw hole relocated to fit the newer Elite risers. If you use the standard QAD, it will still work, but you won't be able to use the lockdown set screw since it winds up being in a "hole" in the newer Elite risers. It also has pre-marked centershot markings for the Elite risers.

Thank you! I thought should be something specific. I shoot a Bowtech Icon I will do some more research.

niclmbrt1

Mounted the medusa max and was on target in about 15 min. Thank You for the suggestion. Bowfinger was great to work with.