Pups first hunt

HoytDawg

372c0e7ddfdcbde7cdae5483aebd06f0.jpg

Took my gyp out for her first real hunt this morning on some Mid TN public. She treed 6 and got two out to her, should have had 4 if i could shoot

Spent alot of time with her this spring on this same piece and this summer on park squirrels. Real proud of her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tree_ghost

That is a blast. It's been years since I squirrel hunted. If I can punch my other tag I think I'll do a little this year...

HoytDawg

tree_ghost":3vbn9u37 said:
That is a blast. It's been years since I squirrel hunted. If I can punch my other tag I think I'll do a little this year...

You're welcome to come with me any time man

HoytDawg

rmmonty32":q1p0xk6j said:
Sounds like a good time...I've got a 8 month old catahoula I'm wanting to train.

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk
A buddy of mine hunts a catahoula and its far and away the best squirrel dog ive ever hunted with. He road hunts her.

rmmonty32

I've done some research and watched some videos on training. Any resources you reccomend?

HoytDawg

rmmonty32":3gmwmww3 said:
I've done some research and watched some videos on training. Any resources you reccomend?

Sqdog.com is a pretty good forum and most the guys on there are real helpful. Its been a lot more simple than training a retriever (but probably more time invested imo).

rmmonty32

HoytDawg":1ni7samw said:
rmmonty32":1ni7samw said:

Sqdog.com is a pretty good forum and most the guys on there are real helpful. Its been a lot more simple than training a retriever (but probably more time invested imo).

Cool I will check that out

Latest posts