Pulling sets….

deerkiller300wsm

I know rem270 posted about season coming to a close in Kentucky. Spring is almost here and that means turkey hunting, baseball and soccer for me. So I pulled all of my set last weekend except my dogproofs. So that brings me to my topic. How are you all pulling super stakes and earth anchors? I'm drilling and or digging them but still will give ya a hemorrhoid!!!! So let's see some of y'all's pullers you've made. I have access to welder and material but want to see some before I decide on a design. I found 2" stainless tube at work that was getting tossed so I was considering taking it to my FIL shop and bending it and welding up a puller.

JCDEERMAN

We've pulled up a few earth anchors with the winch on the front of the SxS. Just pull up right over top of it and hook up. Some need repairs from bending coming out

Planking

I use a three inch auger bit on the drill. They usually come out without too much of a fuss. The 2 inch auger bit i have isn't very good at getting them out imo.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I use the wolf fang anchors. I take a spade and push it down to the anchor, wiggle, and pull.

rem270

Did you make it or buy it? Pics?
Bought not built lol. I'm sure it could easily be built but at that price it was worth buying. My buddy gets it wholesale off the site so it was cheaper when he made a big order for me. I could get him to order it for you but I'm sure it'd be higher after I got it shipped to you, unless you're close to NW TN and could pick up.

tellico4x4

Hey, they copied mine 🤣
46" overall
1" heavy wall pipe
10" angle iron
20" from angle to hook

IMG_20240307_064803505_HDR.jpg

deerkiller300wsm

Bought not built lol. I'm sure it could easily be built but at that price it was worth buying. My buddy gets it wholesale off the site so it was cheaper when he made a big order for me. I could get him to order it for you but I'm sure it'd be higher after I got it shipped to you, unless you're close to NW TN and could pick up.
Thanks! I'll order one! Didn't know they existed!!!

tellico4x4

That looks good. And someone that has access to a welder and some scrap pieces laying around could build one really cheap or at $0 cost.
Thanks, $0 in that one.

Also, I left quite a few earth anchors in place this year as intend to use same location next year. I just use a quick disconnect link between trap & cable.

Last edited:

hammer33

Thanks, $0 in that one.

Also, I left quite a few earth anchors in place this year as intend to use same location next year. I just use a quick disconnect link between trap & cable.
IF they are connected with cable, you probably want to use a new one. I lost a MB550 from a busted cable. Had it in the same location for 9 months and the cable started to fray just enough to scrape the galvanizing off, then it rusted enough a yote broke it and ran off with my trap.

Carlos

I saw a Hen in the back field this morning, not long after dawn.

We've lived here for 12 years- that's the first one I've seen. That makes me wanna set some dog-proof's out.

Are they bad about catching house cats? My neighbors have 2 that come over this way sometimes, and of course, I don't wanna catch them.

(I apologize for the sidetrack.)

deerkiller300wsm

I saw a Hen in the back field this morning, not long after dawn.

We've lived here for 12 years- that's the first one I've seen. That makes me wanna set some dog-proof's out.

Are they bad about catching house cats? My neighbors have 2 that come over this way sometimes, and of course, I don't wanna catch them.

(I apologize for the sidetrack.)
Dogproofs won't catch a cat. Need to have thumbs. But a dang cat is as bad or worse than a dang coon when it comes to small game. Catch em boys!!!!

Latest posts