Public land

ale6894

What's up fellas, new here and first post so I hope I don't screw it up. Anyway, I'm not new to hunting but I've never hunted public land and it seems I may have to do so in the future. I was wondering what areas you guys suggest around morristown/Newport area to get some meat in the freezer? Thanks!

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Some beautiful country up your way, so you're in for a good time, regardless of whether you kill deer. With the bumper crop of acorns across much of the state, it might be tough to find deer movement before and after the rut. Which means you have to scout.

Go scout North Cherokee. Lots of land to move around in. It's in your back pocket. Rugged hunting, but again, it's pretty.

If all you want to do is hunt muzzleloader season or gun and walk around, that's going to be the ticket. Once muzzleloader season rolls around the Orange army will swarm the smaller WMAs to the detriment of the hunt quality.

But I'm willing to bet you'd mostly have them to yourself during bow season. Look at the TWRA interactive map to find smaller properties.

akachuck

Find some TVA public on twra.com and go scout. It's trial and error. Just getting to public myself this year and killed a 6 in velvet lol. It'll be rough at times but it'll be worth it, trust me!

Welcome to the site brother! Go to the introductions and tell us about yourself a little more. Good luck to you this season

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
What's up fellas, new here and first post so I hope I don't screw it up. Anyway, I'm not new to hunting but I've never hunted public land and it seems I may have to do so in the future. I was wondering what areas you guys suggest around morristown/Newport area to get some meat in the freezer? Thanks!
Scout and keep your mouth shut.

Latest posts