Food Plots Protein Feeder

DoubleRidge

I have no experience running protein feeders...but I noticed this is your first post and hate to see someone new reach out with no reply.

Maybe someone with experience on the topic will chime in? But I would assume the cost associated with running protein feeders (enough to make a difference) likely prevents many from trying it....also with CWD hitting in SW TN there is concern with concentrating deer in tight areas feeding from the same source.

I know several on here run salt & mineral blocks, loose minerals and trophy rocks but hadnt read anything on feeding in the off-season....most of the conversation is geared towards natural habitat improvements and food plots.

Welcome to TN deer!

Smoke

First time trying it. It's been out several weeks and there are just a few that will eat from it. Feeding mix of Big Tine deer blend and Purina protein pellets.
IMG_2514.JPG
IMG_2519.JPG
IMG_2600.JPG
10849.jpeg

wildlifefarmer

Looks like you are going to have some fat coons. Better get the traps out before they bankrupt you. IMO it takes awhile for the deer to adjust to and get a taste for the feed. Just like planting a new plant like sunflowers, turnips etc. but when they get accustomed to it they will be there.

Skhunter85

Thanks All. I have been in the shadows for awhile, but decided to start a conversation on something I am getting interested in. I have read a lot of forums from across the US over the past few weeks on running protein feeders. Most forums say it take a month or so for the deer to get used to them and don't expect to see a difference in your deer until year 3.

Latest posts