Project Landlocked

AT Hiker

I watched the shortened version at this years Full Draw Film Tour. Excellent story about OUR lands that WE cannot get into, at least without some serious effort, connections or deep pockets.

Does the full video discuss corner crossing? That's a interesting battle that courts haven't really ruled on, at least to my knowledge.

bobbuck

They should give the landowners a choice. Either give us access or buy the land from the federal government. There is no reason for this country to own land that is accessible only by helicopter in my opinion.

LY

I remember this topic being discussed 30 years ago. The folks that own the land around these tracts fight to keep the public out so that they can keep the areas to themselves and their expensive guiding services money coming in.

LanceS4803

Exactly.
When I first moved to Utah I was map scouting for a place to hunt. I saw a piece of Fed Forest Service land I wanted to hunt that was only accessible from a road by going through state owned land.
Jackpot!! I can go through the state land to get to the hunting area I wanted.
But when I did boots on ground scouting I saw that all the state land was marked as Leased to a hunting club. So in essence, the hunt club gets the state land AND the landlocked FOrest Service land, too.

LanceS4803

You would be unpleasantly surprised by the number of "sportsmen" who disapprove of federal land ownership, i.e. we the people ownership.

I know.
And the times where Fed land has been turned back to states, the states mismanage and/or sell it off.
Once gone, it will never return.

Public Land Owner.jpg

Latest posts