Prime Rib Roast

TNTreeman

Scored a few yesterday here in Lebanon! Bought a large one for roasting and will cut the smaller ones into steaks and freeze tomorrow. Thanks @TNTreeman for the heads up!
My bride and I just sliced up another one into smaller pieces and vacuum packed them. We were talking and at that price it cost about the same as real good bologna.

MoonBuzzard

Local ad online for Jackson krogers has bone in for $8.99 a lb. Too bad it is not the same price at all their stores.
Yeah I was afraid you might run into that. Can't tell you the number of times I've left a grocery store with clenched jaw because of being at a different "demographic" store . Those games piss me off.

backyardtndeer

Kroger here in Lebanon had them about same price but with a limit of one.
Limit is one at the Kroger stores in Jackson as well, price is $8.99 a lb and you have to buy $25 worth of other groceries.

I may pick one up if I get to Jackson. Still way cheaper than anywhere else around.

Snowwolfe

Picked up 30 pounds today. Even more amazing than the price is how the beef was trimmed. Roughly 3/8ths of an inch of fat where you expect it and nothing more. When Kroger has the same beef on sale the beef has 3 times the fat. Ribs were in the package but separated from the meat. Tomorrow the ribs go in the oven to be roasted. The rest was cut up into beautiful ribeye steaks.

Most likely the best food buy I made in the last year.

TNTreeman

Picked up 30 pounds today. Even more amazing than the price is how the beef was trimmed. Roughly 3/8ths of an inch of fat where you expect it and nothing more. When Kroger has the same beef on sale the beef has 3 times the fat. Ribs were in the package but separated from the meat. Tomorrow the ribs go in the oven to be roasted. The rest was cut up into beautiful ribeye steaks.

Most likely the best food buy I made in the last year.
That's us exactly. We sliced like we wanted them and vacuum packed . Ribs looked great as well. Deli meat is more expensive. I hate Kroger.

TX300mag

$3.77/lb here. I think we can swing that for Christmas dinner!

Attachments

• 950DD20E-3665-451C-AA68-68592EB075A8.png
    950DD20E-3665-451C-AA68-68592EB075A8.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts