Primary Rut dates?

landman

In the recent Hot Topic on here the rut dates are popping up.

In Montgomery and Stewart County's and Western KY that I hunt you usually
see the 2nd week on November starting prime time

I know further south you go it actually drops into December, I've never hunted
on the TN line counties except Fayettee and it wasn't any of those times
BSK had once stated you see it later the further South you go

So for your Counties you hunt what do you see?

Grnwing

In Fayette, I usually see good activity during the first week of November, but have seen bucks chasing into late December. In Arkansas(Woodruff County) second week seems like clock work, very consistent activity year over year. In South Florida, July/August and February/March.

Rockhound

In extreme southern Lawrence I see rut activity from opening weekend of ML until the last say of season and even after season but the Hot time is around the Last week of November and the first 2 weeks of December.

45 min. North it's hot around Thanksgiving.

I think my area is blessed the way it falls we see estrous cycles fron 2 different genetics I guess you could say?

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Last year for me in grundy it was last week of bow and first week of muzzy season. Killed 2 personal best a week apart from each other. :super:

Jmed

The two weeks of MZL rock in western Putnam co. First and second week of gun in Hamilton

Huntseverything22

Saw a lot of rutting activity from November 8th through the 20th in northern middle TN. They were rutting hard at LBL during the the 14th thought the 16th.

teryx800

In southern Franklin County on the Cumberland plateau it runs about 4 days before Christmas through the end of season. I have seen a few deer chase through February.

Hunter 257W

Middle Franklin county I've seen bucks chasing does hard from opening day of ML to late December. There seems to be an increase in the intensity around mid December until the end of the month.

hitek7

If I had to pick a 7 day period for our place in Marshall county I would say November 18-25. We used to hunt in Lincoln county about 30 miles southeast and it was the first week of December.

Latest posts