Pretty good afternoon

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Grabbed about 15 crickets or so and headed to the pond yesterday near my house.
Caught two 12" crappie, 1 bass and 9 nice bream.
Hung a stooopid turtle and as I was trying to ease him up on the bank the hook came out and tied it's self and the line around the end of my rod in about 518 knots. :mad:
Knew I would have to fix it anyway I just went ahead and cut it all off and re-rigged.
I had 2 crickets left.
Caught the bass on one and on the very last cricket I caught the best bream of the afternoon.
9 1/2" but was super thick.
Sure enough he swallowed it. :(
I normally don't use crickets in this pond for that very reason.
I didn't have my little hook remover with me so I just cut the line and let him go.
Hopefully he will make it.

Worst part of the trip is the house I pass that put in a new pool last year, they have installed a privacy fence. :(
Sure gonna miss swerving and running off the road passing there rubber necking. :D

Pilchard

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by Laff

Headhunter

Ruger, they are all grown now, but a neighbor of mine has 3 daughters. They were all pretty ladies. One worked in acting for several years.

One day I am working on something, boat, truck, shooting bow, not sure but I am outside. I finally notice the same 5 or 6 cars keep going by. The block my house is on is maybe 1/2 mile by 1/2 mile. 2 of the daughters were in college and 1 was still in high school. I was good friends with the family, I had helped his wife get her car out of the ditch by their driveway several times.

But I wondered what is going on? So I jumped in the truck and went down the hill. His 3 daughters were "laying out" in the driveway. There were many times that summer vehicles were just circling the block.

Latest posts