Prentice Cooper

SMarshall

Any of you guys heading to Prentice Cooper on the 16th? My father in law and I will be headed down there. We each picked up a leftover tag on Wednesday. Never been there before but looking forward to being up a tree in a couple weeks. I'd definitely appreciate any info ya'll would be willing to share to point us in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PickettSFHunter

Re: Prentice Cooper

I usually go every year but my hunting buddy scheduled a vacation this year for those dates and I didn't feel like going alone so I didn't get a tag. I always see deer hunting gaps in the bluff lines but still have yet to kill one. Very few deer are taken on this hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhpro

I ll be there,but only because it's less than a mile from house ,there will not be many killed but the one that are will be close to there food ,the top is loaded with acorns if you can find a tree dropping some it should have some deer.

cozy23

Been going for several years. It's tough hunting because there are oaks everywhere. I may go this year. Watch out for rattlesnakes!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TDW05

2-Step Enabled

Not trying to hi-jack the OP post but if you have sportsman license your covered to go right?

dhpro

TDW05":27bbm3cv said:
Not trying to hi-jack the OP post but if you have sportsman license your covered to go right?
Only if you have the permit the 1 st 3 days then next 3 is non quota sportsman will do

CDUB

Deer are usually spread out. You will find fresh sign everywhere but it's mostly nocturnal movement. Find pin oak acorns with deer crap and hunt in the evenings. They usually bed off the side of the mnt in the mornings. Tough hunt. Wear snake boots.

StrotherDR

I've put some miles on my boots in that place, get out there early before the hunt and plan on spending some time scouting. There are deer in there, but you're probably not going to kill one 100 yards from your truck. Be prepared for mosquitos, I bought a thermacell last year after my first day hunting there. Also, it's more than likely gonna be hot, it's September. Dress light and bring a change of clothes if you plan on taking a long hike. Good luck, hope to see you there!!

Latest posts