Predicting the CFP poll.

THEdonkey0515

Wild week #1,#5,#6 all go down! Taking a guess on what the Playoff will look like

#1 UGA ( up 2 spots)
#2 Ohio state (same)
#3 Michigan ( up 2 spots)
#4 Tennessee ( Down 3 spots)
#5 TCU (up 2 spots)
#6 Oregon ( up 2 spots)
#7 USC (up 2 spots)
#8 LSU (up 2 spots)
#9 Clemson ( down 5 spots)
#10 Bama ( down 4 spots)

I could also see them flipping Tennessee and TCU. TCU is 9-0 they have been down late in almost every game they have played. I think if they had UTs schedule they would have mutiple losses at this point I don't see UT dropping past 5

As for the bammers, how do they justify staying top 10? TCU, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Clemson and now LSU can all make cases they should be ranked ahead of them.

Last edited:

PalsPal

I was just mulling over this scenario myself. I'm thinking TN will drop to 5 and TCU will jump them. Hoping the CFP gives them the credit they did Alabama with their 1 loss and keeps them at #4 tho.

I think this as well. But not a bad spot to be. Just have to not let this loss carry over to next week. Missouri played GA tough, although I don't know how.

My only other concern regarding the playoffs, is that beating Bama may not mean that much, especially after Ole Miss beats them this week 🤔!

THEdonkey0515

I think this as well. But not a bad spot to be. Just have to not let this loss carry over to next week. Missouri played GA tough, although I don't know how.

My only other concern regarding the playoffs, is that beating Bama may not mean that much, especially after Ole Miss beats them this week 🤔!
Bur the LSU win means a little more.

Does anyone in the country have wins more impressive then both Bama & LSU on the road? Maybe UGA with wins over Oregon and UT.

BamaProud

Bammers understand. Tennessee hasn't been much of a "W" on Alabama's schedule over the last dozen or so years, but the Tide still managed to finish in the top 5 every year with a handful of National Championships.

Displaced_Vol

Earlier in the year I said it was Bama, UGA & OSU at the top with everybody else week to week. Well I think it's fair to say everybody is week to week at this point. I think you can look at every team and if they don't have a loss, point to one or two games that could have been Ls.
Makes it fun that we're in the thick of it.
It's kind of like the ncaa tourney: survive & advance

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
My predictions:
1 UGA
2 tOSU (media darlings, but they really do seem to have a good team this year)
3 Michigan (I actually like them better than tOSU, but I'm a lil biased)
4 TCU
5 UT
6 Oregon (UT and Oregon may flip due to recency bias)
7 USC (media darlings that have faded some over the past few years)
8 LSU (may flip with USC)
9 Clemson
10 Notre Dame… I kid 😀
10 UCLA or Ole Miss (I don't see the committee putting a 2 loss Bama over either 1 loss team, but I could be wrong)

I dunno. "Only time will tell if we can stand the test of time…" 😅

Spurhunter

1 UGA
2 Ohio State
3 Michigan
4 TCU
5 Tennessee
6 Oregon
7 USC
8 LSU

Final results: UGA finishes undefeated and #1. Michigan beats Ohio State and moves to #2. TCU loses to Texas and/or Baylor. Ohio State and TCU are on the outside looking in. Tennessee wins out and moves to #3. Oregon wins out and takes spot #4. USC loses to UCLA and/or Notre Dame.

MUP

1 UGA
2 Ohio State
3 Michigan
4 TCU
5 Tennessee
6 Oregon
7 USC
8 LSU

Final results: UGA finishes undefeated and #1. Michigan beats Ohio State and moves to #2. TCU loses to Texas and/or Baylor. Ohio State and TCU are on the outside looking in. Tennessee wins out and moves to #3. Oregon wins out and takes spot #4. USC loses to UCLA and/or Notre Dame.
I can live with that! 👍

Latest posts