Poults

'borohunter

Had these visit the front yard today. Probably the smallest poults I've seen... Good to see though.

1654483836219.png

Andy S.

Best sighting in the world when it comes to turkey conservation and turkey hunting. We have been seeing some poults here in SW TN over the last 2-3 weeks, with earliest poults seen 16May22, day after season closed.

Gravey

Been seeing this hen on my neighbor's property while I jog and figured she had a nest there. Left about lunchtime yesterday and saw her with 1 little one. Kinda bummed me out only seeing 1. I slowed up and waited for others to cross over but nothing.
7498ADD0-3FA2-451A-A2C6-9376592848FC.jpeg

th88

Off to a great start. Definitely a better 'early' hatch in my neck of the woods than the past few springs. Multiple reports of large broods that are already flying. It was also a much drier May than we've been having. Just goes to show Mother Nature finds a way. We had a good hatch last year too, but a lot of late poults which I attributed to the substantial summer rains.

megalomaniac

Been seeing this hen on my neighbor's property while I jog and figured she had a nest there. Left about lunchtime yesterday and saw her with 1 little one. Kinda bummed me out only seeing 1. I slowed up and waited for others to cross over but nothing.
View attachment 138912
Good for her!, but sad mother nature took the other 11.

If every single hen raises 1 poult per year, turkeys are going to be extinct..
But 1 is just a little better than zero.

Gravey

Good for her!, but sad mother nature took the other 11.

If every single hen raises 1 poult per year, turkeys are going to be extinct..
But 1 is just a little better than zero.
My wife came home a little bit ago and said she almost hit a hen right where I took that pic. I asked was there any poults and she said she didn't see any. The hen crossed over after she went by and she didn't see any little ones follow her. Assuming it's the same hen. Sadness of it is.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I'm getting worried at my place. I usually see 20+ poults by this time, but haven't seen a single one yet. I have three hens that regularly come through, and haven't seen a poult yet.

huvrman

Just yesterday saw a hen with poults that size. I wouldn't have imagined them sitting so late in the summer.

Latest posts