Poult report 2022

megalomaniac

Spent the last 2 days in the field working on farms.

Running a 2 pph average right now between multiple broods and lone hens. Only seen 1 bachelor group of males.

2pph isn't enough to maintain the population, but WAY better than the last 2 years, so I'm thankful for that.

megalomaniac

Spent the last 2 days in the field working on farms.

Running a 2 pph average right now between multiple broods and lone hens. Only seen 1 bachelor group of males.

2pph isn't enough to maintain the population, but WAY better than the last 2 years, so I'm thankful for that.
Saw some more hens without poults as the trip finished up... prob around 1.5pph average for the trip. But all the poults I saw were a third grown, so should make it at this point.

Displaced_Vol

Finally seen a few poults on my drive home. Bout 20 miles from the house and 1 group has 3 and the other had either 4 or 5. Possible they were the same bunch but I think they were different.
Still not seen any around the house or farm. Seen several solo hens the last few weeks.

LenS

Driving into Pleasant View this morning I saw a strutting gobbler, at least 11 hens, and from my best count a total of 6 poults.

Attachments

• 20220720_082648.jpg
    20220720_082648.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 58

ROVERBOY

It's pretty dismal here and has been the last several years. I love turkey hunting and probably more than deer hunting. But, if it keeps getting worse, I may look for something as a replacement.

deerhunter10

Finally saw some today. At what used to be our best farm Finally saw roughly 15ish. Looks like they just started flying. Then at our house saw 6 couldn't fly yet. First time in 6 maybe 7 years I've seen pouts around our house. Maybe all the trapping and habitat improvements are Finally paying off.

mike52

• Middle Tn around Lascassas saw 3 hens with 19 poults about Cornish hen size. One with 12 about the size of small chicks , looked to be a few days old and this was 7/24 Best hatch we have had in a long time

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
2 hens with 9 big poults at Cumberland City today and another hen with 6 big poults at Indian Mound.
Put out camera sets last week spent 2 days in the thick. saw a lot of hens without poults but saw several with poults didnt get exact counts but estimate 2 per average over all but pockets of better numbers