Possible trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter516

first off I live and hunt in reigon 3 in SE TN. I hunt mostly waterfowl but also do a little deer hunting whenever possible. In the past 2 years I have recived incorrect info from the main office which I knew was incorrect as soon as I heard the answer. Question #1 is if I am hunting and it is determined when I get checked that I am violating the law even though I am doing what the main office said was rite what could I do about it? Question #2 (This one might be a touchey one) I have talked to a GW in my reigon who has made people leave the area that they were hunting even though they weren't breaking any laws and and had the proper licenses.( In the GWs own words) Because there was the possibility of someone not liking it. I was personally told that the GW didn't think it was a good idea and that is why they were told to move. Is that something that is ok for them to do or is that enforcing opinion instead of game laws? ( I am not trying to start anything i am just curious as to how common this is.)

scn

My advice on informational calls into any regulatory agency is to document the call with a date, time, and the name of the person that gave you the information. The name at least gives the officer a name to check with if they choose to do so or you a name to call in your defense if it goes to court.

If by the main office you mean the Nashville office, I can think of over a dozen people that might have answered your question. Out of that group, 3-4 are commissioned officers. By and large the TWRA staff does a great job answering questions, but they don't bat a 1,000. I don't bat a 1000.

The bottom line is that it is on us as hunters to know and abide by the regulations. Every one of them is in print and available to the hunter. Any interpretation questions should be asked to the officer in the area where the hunting is going to take place since he/she will be making the enforcement contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts