Possible road hunter problem

Josh4wheelin

Had a nice deer I was hunting last year that just randomly disappeared in October. He was on camera every night and when he vanished I thought maybe he was starting to look for doe's. Well I found him..... not the way I wanted to though. Was walking the edge of a field to see where the deer where entering the most and stumbled across his skull. He was only 150 yards off a main road we've had issues with finding dead deer in before. Such a shame cause he was a awsome 4 year old

Attachments

• 7196.jpeg
    7196.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,539
  • 7237.jpeg
    7237.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,543
  • 7230.jpeg
    7230.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,542

rem270

I would disagree that it was a road hunter. If someone shot it from the road they would at least take the time to cut it's head off and leave the body. JMO.

I'd say it was shot and not found or may have died from natural causes.

southernhunter

I found a ten point on my farm 100 yards from rd still had a small pice of lead lodged in the eye socket. Looked to be a 22

Hunt2Live

I agree with rem270. Not many people would just shoot a good deer like that from the road and leave it. Still a possibility though that somebody shot it for fun.

GOODWIN

rem270":shkjifdj said:
I would disagree that it was a road hunter. If someone shot it from the road they would at least take the time to cut it's head off and leave the body. JMO.

Not all deer shot drop in sight....especially at night. I say its unknown cause until hard evidence.

AlabamaSwamper

rem270":1ku5qck7 said:

Not in Wayne co. They do exactly as described way to often down here. I think most of the time they don't even know what it is when they shoot.

Latest posts