PLANTING ?

TREETOPPER

with this long drought how many inches of rain do we need to put enough moisture back in the ground?how late into october could you plant and have good results?the ground has been plowed,soil test done ph 6.1 just need some rain only got 0.15 from yesterdays rain.wanting to plant 100lbs wheat
25 ausrian winter peas
15 crimson clover
3 ladino clover
or
no-plow by whietail institute

muddyboots

I planted some yesterday but we got an inch in the last two days and maybe more tonight. I got too many to plant to wait anymore. Im planting another acre this afternoon. 60 % chance for mor rain tonight. Im going for it.

Goat66

As I was tilling/seeding/liming and wondering if I'd ever be able to make it to the lease to fertilize around a rain the sky opened up and gave me the first REAL rain in over 6 or 7 weeks. It came down hard for hours and I spread that fertilizer out like I'd just won the lottery. Rained good again today!

tnbassman

"how late into october could you plant and have good results?"

Last year I put out wheat, buck forage oats, clover, and der on Oct. 9th and it all made but the DER did not mature very well.
The wheat and the oats did fine and the clover patch this summer was thick as could be.

Latest posts