Food Plots Planting this weekend

tnanh

I do my plots with the spray, throw and mow method. I have only been doing food plots for two years, this will be my third. I was wondering with all the rain how risky do y'all think it would be to broadcast and finish my plots this weekend. I am having shoulder surgery next week and probably wont be able to do them for a while. I have not done them until the first of October the last two years and they have done well. Also, after I broadcast my seed would it be ok to put lime and fertilizer on top of the seed.

BSK

The current weather models suggest we will experience a brief dry period Sunday through Wednesday of next week, but rains will return next Friday and Saturday.

Direct contact with undissolved lime/fertilizer can burn seed.

tnanh

The current weather models suggest we will experience a brief dry period Sunday through Wednesday of next week, but rains will return next Friday and Saturday.

Th

thanks

tnanh

The first good rain will do it.
Ok. Thanks. May fertilize and lime tomorrow and spread seed Sunday. Its raining here now and has been off and on all day. Hopefully will rain on it Saturday. Just worried about a dry September but I will roll the dice I guess.

Latest posts