Plant ID

Blackbullet

These are NOT persimmons. I know them well. I haven't found any persimmons holding fruit this year. Late frost took its toll I believe. Usually persimmons begin dropping in mid to late September here but I located a grove of 10 or 11 last August that were dropping early. It was on a overlooked ridge just across the line from public. Had the 6 mature bucks bedded up there gorging themselves on them. The day they shed velvet all but one dispersed. The one that stayed now lives on my wall lol.
See what the seeds look like. That will help alot to possibly identify it.

tn24

sour.gif

megalomaniac

agree, wild plum... deer love them, just haven't found them yet. They make some of the best plum jelly and plum cobbler. We used to have a few on my farms in middle TN and they are delicious.

I helped my buddy in SD plant 4000 trees this past May for windbreaks for pheasants on his land. Three rows out of the 12 we planted were wild plums for the soft mass for deer

JCDEERMAN

I didn't realize the picture with tree bark was the actual tree holding them. I thought it was a picture showing all the fruit on the ground (you can see quite a few in the leaves). Yea, that's definitely not persimmon bark LOL. Never found or heard of a mexican plum.

FTP

These are NOT persimmons. I know them well. I haven't found any persimmons holding fruit this year. Late frost took its toll I believe. Usually persimmons begin dropping in mid to late September here but I located a grove of 10 or 11 last August that were dropping early. It was on a overlooked ridge just across the line from public. Had the 6 mature bucks bedded up there gorging themselves on them. The day they shed velvet all but one dispersed. The one that stayed now lives on my wall lol.
The second picture is clearly a persimmon, I live in Cheatham County and trees are loaded with em.

tree_ghost

I didn't realize the picture with tree bark was the actual tree holding them. I thought it was a picture showing all the fruit on the ground (you can see quite a few in the leaves). Yea, that's definitely not persimmon bark LOL. Never found or heard of a mexican plum.
Yea the picture with the bark is the tree holding the. The tree is loaded! Gonna hang a camera on it and see what happens….

tree_ghost

Not a persimmon but don't know what it is.
After a lot of research it is definitely a Mexican Plum tree the following picture is from google and then the picture I posted up top of the tree in the woods

Attachments

• 0EDD94F6-1815-498B-B28F-D96EC73A92C6.png
    0EDD94F6-1815-498B-B28F-D96EC73A92C6.png
    497.6 KB · Views: 40
  • E465B674-4C0E-42CA-8220-336D155416EE.jpeg
    E465B674-4C0E-42CA-8220-336D155416EE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41

Latest posts