Planer Boards. 2

chimneyman

Funny story. I'm kinda a fair weather fisherman since I can usually fish anytime I want to. This past Saturday the East Tn Crappie Club had our tournament on Tellico. They were calling for 100%rain wind up to 20 mph. I can deal with rain but not the wind. Told my buddy where I had been catching them. His partner had never fished Planer Boards. Sometime after they had caught 40 or so he looked back at his partner who was playing on his phone he asked what the hell he was doing he said ordering rod holders lol They won the tournament and came in 2nd on big fish he said they probably caught 70

jlanecr500

I occasionally use them striper trolling late summer to get more than 2 lines in the water. My fishing buddies say im crazy but it increases my chances. Imagine a 30lb or 40lb rock fish on 100yards of lead line and a planer board 50ft out.

bowhunterfanatic

Funny story. I'm kinda a fair weather fisherman since I can usually fish anytime I want to. This past Saturday the East Tn Crappie Club had our tournament on Tellico. They were calling for 100%rain wind up to 20 mph. I can deal with rain but not the wind. Told my buddy where I had been catching them. His partner had never fished Planer Boards. Sometime after they had caught 40 or so he looked back at his partner who was playing on his phone he asked what the hell he was doing he said ordering rod holders lol They won the tournament and came in 2nd on big fish he said they probably caught 70
Small world! His partner is one of my best friends. Just got off the phone with his partner and he was telling me how they caught them. He's definitely hooked now!

CliffordN

I occasionally use them striper trolling late summer to get more than 2 lines in the water. My fishing buddies say im crazy but it increases my chances. Imagine a 30lb or 40lb rock fish on 100yards of lead line and a planer board 50ft out.
Don't have to imagine it. We do that regularly...

Latest posts